Diamonds in the Sewer

Monday, November 28, 2005

"I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you." Loesje

My tribute to her is about raising children. I love my son, and I love my mother. She always did a whole lot of interesting things while I was a child and she has continued to do so. We weren't the focal part of her life as much as we were companions welcomed for the journey. We were there. We'll be back. There are the marks of generations of past people there as well as a welcoming spot for the people who are yet to come.

If parents have nothing to do when their children leave, what were they doing while the children were there?

On that note,

"Looking around myself and seeing an "empty nest" is as hard to imagine as looking in a mirror and seeing nobody's reflection." JulieB

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home